COURSE WITHDRAWAL POLICY
This Course Withdrawal Policy details refunds and fees payable if you cancel your enrolment and withdraw from your course. Please read this document carefully as it forms part of your Learning Agreement.
Please sign it to indicate your acceptance of the terms of the Policy and return with your Enrolment Form. Your enrolment cannot be processed without either the original signed Policy or an electronic copy with your name typed into the signature box. A copy will be sent to you for your records.
Terms and Conditions of Withdrawal
1. The Open College of Equine Studies operates on a ‘pay in advance’ basis. In order to provide ‘The Service’ the course fees cover the tutorial support you receive from the start of your course, a contribution towards the cost of developing and producing the academic content of the course, your online or PDF course material, associated administrative costs and the cost of contracting tutors and providing online resources to support your studies. These costs are incurred before you start your studies and, when you enrol, you agree to become liable for your course fee as set out in this document.
2. The ‘Service’ you will receive upon enrolment is detailed in the Learner Agreement.
3. Under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, your right to cancel a service starts the moment you enter into the contract and lasts 14 days.
4. You are deemed to enter into a contract with The Open College of Equine Studies on the day you pay either the full course fee or the first payment of a payment plan. This date is your ‘Enrolment Date’.
5. You must ensure that TOCES has received your completed Enrolment Form and signed Withdrawal Policy and Learner Agreement on or before your Enrolment Date, i.e. on or before the day your payment is received. TOCES must be in receipt of these documents before course material will be posted, emailed or made available online.
6. If your course is predominantly delivered online you will have access to an ‘Induction Module’ for the first 14 days following your Enrolment Date. This provides a Study Guide and a clear indication of the style, level, content and character of the digital content of the full programme. It is designed to give you the opportunity to appraise the programme. When you select to progress beyond the Induction Module you are classified as having downloaded digital content.
7. If you want to download digital content within the 14 day cancellation period you must agree to waive your cancellation rights.
8. Fees paid will be refunded if you notify us within 14 days of your Enrolment Date that you intend to withdraw from your course, and if appropriate, return the course material to us, well packaged. If you do not notify us or return the material within this timeframe, or you download digital content within the 14 day cancellation period, you are deemed to have accepted the terms of payment and you are liable to pay the course fee in full.
9. Any payments made using a transfer from a previous course cannot be refunded.
10. Fees paid in respect of Awarding Body registration (E.g. BTEC, City & Guilds, RCVS) and external examinations (City & Guilds) are non-refundable.
11. Fees paid in respect of printing and postage are non-refundable.
12. If you withdraw from your course more than 14 days following your Enrolment Date, you will be liable to pay the full course fee.
13. The Open College of Equine Studies shall not be liable for refund of fees or any other penalty should courses or study weeks be cancelled due to war, fire, strike, lockout, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance, or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
14. If you wish to withdraw from your course, please email or write to the Programme Manager at The Open College of Equine Studies. Please note that it is not sufficient to tell your tutor or course advisor that you wish to withdraw from your course. You must confirm your intentions to the Programme Manager so that you can be correctly advised of your fee liability.
If you have any queries about this Withdrawal Policy please contact the office on 01284 811 401 or by email at